Public Relations Director
What do you like most about what you do?
"As a senior PR practitioner with more than 20 years of experience, I have the experience and unique insight needed to ensure successful outcomes for our clients. I enjoy working with them to better understand strategic public relations; it’s importance and how it can be integrated within their brand to enhance existing marketing efforts. I’ve been on the client side myself at one time, so I have a rare insight into the processes needed to deliver a final product that best fits their personality."
"Having served as Director of Communications for a large urban school system, I have the knowledge and experience to work effectively with local and national media outlets by anticipating the needs of reporters, providing relevant information and follow-up to ensure successful outcomes. First-hand experience in crisis management and communications gives me the tools to help clients navigate and successfully communicate during these demanding times."
DID YOU KNOW
- More than 20+ years experience in public relations, communications and media relations
- Successfully worked on the client and agency side of major PR projects
- Served in a leadership role as Director for Communications and Community Engagement for the East Baton Rouge Parish School System - the largest public school system in Louisiana at the time
- Worked on news articles that appeared on the front page of the New York Times and USA Today
- Oversaw lobbying efforts for the largest teacher education association in the country
- Currently serves as an advisory board member for the LSU Office of Diversity
- Past president of the Public Relations Association of Louisiana
- Served on Baton Rouge Mayor-President Sharron Weston-Broome’s transition team after her election
- Graduate of the Baton Rouge Chamber of Commerce Leadership Class
- Worked as a stand-in for Timothy Hutton during the filming of “Everybody’s All American” while in college, and ran down the field at Tiger Stadium
- Met JFK, Jr. and President Bill Clinton